Saturday, April 30, 2005

Relay for Life

Well, last night was the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Fun fun. It started at 7 pm and ended at 6 this morning. We cut out at about 5 this morning, but it was pretty fun. We stayed up and walked until about 3 then piled up in the tent. We tried to sleep, but it was too bright, too loud, and the ground was a tad bit too hard. So I drove the Hobbit (yay!) back home early this morning, got my bag out, and fell into bed. I slept from about 6:15 until about 10 when Jarrod called. My phone was ringing and I was trying to turn off my alarm clock (lol), and then I realized it was my cell, so I answered. He got into A&M! Yay!!! He's happy about that. He was actually home yesterday, but he left this morning for college again. He was at the baseball game last night when I came by to take pictures, but I didn't see him. I had his pictures with me, too! I've been roped into the yearbook staff, and I'm doing the varsity baseball spread. I needed candids to fill some spaces, so I left the relay to take them. I had to take Kourtney home first, but it wasn't too far. I promised Mawmaw (her grandma, but I've fondly adopted the name) that I'd take care of her. I got the pics I needed, but I didn't get any sleep last night. Good trade off? I haven't figured it out yet. I don't think I'll have any trouble going back to sleep tonight. Heh. Well, I've got to go get a shower and get ready for a church singing tonight. I'm running the sound system in the absence of my brother. Yeah... well, toodles all.

1 comment:

Spatula said...

Yeah, I did. Your mom was a trooper, lemme tell ya. In the wee hours and everything! Lol.