Saturday, April 16, 2005

He Didn't Come

He didn't come.

Moving on, tonight's prom!!! Jarrod will be here at about 3:15 to pick me up, and I'm so excited! My hair's so cute! Yes, I'll take pictures. Jarrod's mom did my nails and Lisa did my hair. I picked up Brandy's corsage and Jarrod's flower. (Too hard to spell.) I'm pumped! My makeup's done and my jewelry's on, now I'm just waiting until about 2:30 to put my dress on. It's glittery and "sheds" everywhere. We're staying at Jim's house after prom and Derek'll come pick me up for church. Should I wear my dress to church tomorrow?

But he didn't come. Revival was good last night. And I'm sure it'll be good tonight. Two services tomorrow, and then we're done. I almost cried when he never showed up. Is that sad? Yeah, it is, but I couldn't help it. I was so looking forward to his visit. And now I don't know when I'll see him again. He'll be in J-town in the summer... Well, I've got other things to concentrate on, so I'll be aight.

I've got another poem. I was struck with an overwhelming feeling of inadequacy when I read everybody else's poems, but I'll post my newest poem possibly tomorrow. Well, I'm off! Talk to y'all later! Lots of love and hugs to everybody!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my prom was fun, didn't get home till 'bout 430, slept all through church serivce the next day

Spatula said...

Hmm, sounds like my day... almost fell asleep in church. But I made it. Just barely. The blackjack table? Is that a classification, like the prep table, and the nerd table, and the goth table? I'll post my prom news later this afternoon so you'll know what all went on... Fun stuff.