Monday, April 18, 2005

Prom News!

Mmmk, prom. I danced with Ricky, Trevor, Cullen, Josh, William, and of course, Jarrod. We ate at Papdeaux's. For the two of us it was $52 and some change, and I got complimentary dessert for my impending birthday. Vanilla Cheesecake with strawberries and a fork for everybody. :) I got my hair done at 10:30, but first I picked up flowers. Jarrod's mom did my nails, and I love 'em! We've got pictures form the house, from Jarrod's, and from prom, so y'all'll get to see us when I get them posted. Our pictures (pro) are gonna be so cute! Jarrod taught me how to two-step, and we danced together about 5 times. We left about 11:45, changed, then went to Jim's house. We watched DVD's and then fell asleep in various locations. It was so cold! I found some socks, but we still froze. Jarrod suggested body-heat sharing, but that would've been a bit awkward... When I finished dancing with Cullen I kissed him on the cheek just because. And I didn't want to have any regrets. Know what I mean? So I did it. Reason? Because he's a great guy and a friend. Impulsive? Lol. We had a "senior moment" where we all got on the dance floor and cheered and swayed to "Freebird" and watched Chad play air guitar on Troy's cane. We got souvenirs and the punch cups and goofy pictures, so we'll definitely remember. Nothing "happened" at our party, so don't even worry. Jim piled up in a tent, Ashley and Tim curled up by the fire, and the other Ashley and Wormy, her boyfriend, slept in the back of his Tahoe. (We checked on them a few times until they fell asleep.) Jarrod and I tried to sleep in the bed of his truck, but we weren't very successful because it was so cold. We watched a couple of movies, like I said, and had an absolute blast!!! I don't think I forgot anything... but can you think of any question? I had so much fun!!! I'm so glad I went with the group and had a date!

3 comments:

Spatula said...

Prom is definitely what you make it. Saturday made me glad that I am the girl/woman I am. It's a great feeling when you walk up to any guy and say, "Dance with me, _________ (insert name)." And they do!

Buffalokill said...

hey now. just cos you wimminfolk have a certain power over men, doesnt mean you can abuse it now. ;)

but i have to admit, that sounds alot better than any type of prom I know of.

and it's all about freebird.

Spatula said...

Yep yep! That'll probably end up as our class song, but that's aight, since it is such a classic.