Friday, April 15, 2005

A Poem

Hey all! Just gotta be like everyone else. I wrote this a while back, and I don't think it's quite finished, but I'm stuck. Ideas, comments, you know how it goes. And yeah, it rhymes, but that's the easiest method for me.

Lonely

What I dream of in a guy
Is as plain as day.
I want one handsome, brave, and strong.
I want one who will stay
Close beside me through the night
To keep me safe and warm.
Someone to hold and love me tight
Through all of life's bitter storms.

A Christian man with strong ideals
Not prone to infidelity and deceit
Is my desire, the one true test,
Which may prove too large a feat.
Long enough have I waited
For the true love of dreams.
I feel myself losing hope
As I come apart at the seams.

Hectic days and lonely nights
Create dreams of chaos.
I awake to silent walls,
Pillows warm from long night's toss.
As I dress and prepare for the day
And wish for arms around me
It's as fruitless as a desert
To think that I could truly be free.

Free from dark and evil dreams
And dragons that rise from the sea.
Free from spider-webs that grab you in the night
And traps set just for me.
For this black hole is as a prison,
Layered thick with fear
Of never-ending solitude as it echoes
Always and forever, "No one there."

Yeah, it started as a description and ended as a cry for something more... But still, it doesn't seem right. Suggestions?

Last night I went out to eat with Jarrod's family. It was fun, and I'm glad I went, even if I did miss revival. Well, got a few things to do, so toodles for now. Love y'all!

2 comments:

Spatula said...

Thanks.

Buffalokill said...

that is a good poem pam.

now you just need patience and trust.

trust that God will send along that man. Cos good things come to those who wait. ;)