Monday, April 04, 2005

One of Those Days

Didn't I already have one of these? Well, very little sleep (about 4 of my usual 7 1/2 to 8) has semi-fried my brain into an apathetic state. Go figure. I'm supposed to be in Physics right now, but all of the females in the class invaded the library. Cool, huh? So far the day hasn't actually been that bad, but just waking up this morning threw me off my game. Hehe. Like I have game. But apparently everyone already knows about my prom date. Which is actually cool because it means that people talked about me, at least to say that if nothing else. Would have had a nap yesterday, as is custom, but Kristen called so I had to call her back, and then Jarrod called, so I had to call him back (these were two missed calls from earlier in the day). I talked to each one of them for about 10 minutes then rolled over to catch some z's, but then Jonathan called. This guy is an old acquaintance from previous years in high school. We saw each other at the pageant/play over the break and traded numbers. On a bit of a whim, at least on my part. He called me up Sunday afternoon just to chat and we spent about five minutes talking then about half that again in silence. I told him I'd "let him go" and proceeded to attempt sleep again. Too hot, then too cold, then no comfortable position, on and on it went. Same again last night. My calves were cramping and, after a great massage from Mom and a shower, I was heating them with a rice bag. So my bed was too hot. Then I kicked the covers off and my arms were cold. Man, talk about a rough combination. Usually, when I get a nap I don't sleep very deeply, but the nap makes up for it. Yesterday, no nap, no sleep. This spatula is one tired puppy. But I have OAP practice again tonight and no ride still. Maybe, someday, my prince will come. I broke the news to Dad that I'll probably end up marrying a man in uniform. Something about the way they look in those things... *sigh* La-da-da-da la-la-la da-la la-da-la-laaaa... Needs some of Chad's music notes. :) Toodles all. Love ya!

2 comments:

Spatula said...

thanx

Spatula said...

Well, it may be that, but I'd be willing to make that trip for the guy placed in my life. I know God has a man out there just for me, so, when I figure out just who he is, I know I'm in for the long-haul, no matter what. Thanks for the warning. One of the milblogs I looked at was one by a soldier's wife about the trials and joys of her life, so it's not a brand new concept. His will, His time. You know how that goes. The waiting process.