Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Time and Prom Problems

Time wants to be either killed or used. I can't help but kill Time. He just won't stop laughing at my jokes!

Revival starts tomorrow. We're meeting Ryan at 4:30 at the church and then taking him out to eat.

Our prom plans have changed about 15 times. We were going to Beaumont to Johnny Carino's, then to the Cattle Company Steakhouse, then Olive garden, the a restaurant in Nacogdoches called La Hacienda, then to the Junction Restaurant in Huntsville. I mentioned it to Mom and she strictly forbade my going to Huntsville for dinner before prom. Dad teamed up with her, so we're going to Beaumont again, to Papadeaux's. It's a seafood restaurant, which we wanted to avoid because 2 of our party don't like seafood, but they serve other things.

I called Jarrod almost in tears this morning, angry and upset about their decision, but we got it sorted out. We're wearing our dresses to dinner after much debate, but now Jim doesn't want to go because she's sacred she'll get something on her dress. And she doesn't want to be the only one not dressed up. But we're staying at her house after prom! I tried telling her not to sacrifice having a good time for the sake of a difference in dress, or a stupid spot on her formal, but she's convinced she can't stay clean. It's frustrating, because this has been going on all weekend. We're working our butts off, trying to find a place that everybody likes and agrees with so we can all be together! And we just want to make reservations! I told my mother I think I'm going to get an ulcer if this keeps up much longer. I've got to go work on my research paper...

1 comment:

Spatula said...

Thanks Porkchop. Really, I appreciate it. Love ya!