Thursday, May 05, 2005

Slowing Down

Well, is it just me, or is blogging seriously becoming a rather inactive thing? Nobody posts very often anymore... Ok, life update, in case anyone cares. Is it weird to have a crush on a guy, but not really have a crush? I mean, he's sweet and cute, but I know I would never, ever go out with him. In fact, there are a couple of people like that. I think I'm doomed to be a spinster. Ok, I know, seriously an exaggeration. But on to other things.

We did a "stream of consciousness" paper the other day in English (just write the first thing that pops into your head and follow each train of thought on paper, very cool, simply writing thoughts, however random). Mine was about guys. Go figure. That's why I maintain that I am a very shallow person. I think about things other than the opposite sex, I promise, but I guess that topic is my mental escape. Like reading a good book. Just getting away from the stress of daily life. This is mainly due to the fact that I know any relationship is either highly unlikely or downright impossible with anybody who flits across my mind at any point. Poop.

I'm going to Sclitterbahn next weekend. We're leaving at 4:30 AM! But it's a long drive. We'll be home Sunday evening at about 10. We're competing on Saturday and playing in the park on Sunday. Band concert Monday. Honors Ceremony the next Monday. Senior trip to Mountasia (?) the Friday after. The question mark is there because "the Mommas" (the group of black girls who are all mothers and tend to stir up trouble about the dumbest and simplest stuff) are pitching a fit to go to Astroworld, where we only go every year. It's gonna be fun wherever we go! We're missing school, getting free food, and getting $$! Quit complaining. Whatever.

I was recruited for the school yearbook. I did the varsity baseball pages, edited the JV softball page, and will probably end up doing something else by the end of the year. But it's fun, so I don't mind. I love playing on computers.

I really doubt anybody's going to read this, so I guess I'll say toodles and sign off. I finished Frankenstein and am ready for the test tomorrow. But I have a physics test, too. We only get a notecard... Bummer. Bye. Love y'all.

2 comments:

Spatula said...

Hey, we miss school, so I don't care where we go. Besides, we're like a bunch of 12 year-olds anyway, so we'll have a blast with putt-putt, go-carts, bumper boats, and the batting cages. Lol.

Spatula said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Thanks! :)