Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Jewels

It’s so amazing to go through old journals and find little jewels. My eighth grade English teacher left this comment when asked if she had a boyfriend.

“The good Lord has not seen fit to send me a “man.” Why must I be pitied? If I have a full life – a life of quality, helping others, then why pity? Pity those who do nothing, who simply exist.

I am lucky. I know my purpose in life. There are a lot of people who are older than I am and still haven’t figured out what to do with their lives.”

Mom set up two chairs in the hallway to keep the puppies off of the carpet. All of my 5’4” had to resort to an almost hurdle-like jump to get over the chairs. It was pretty funny, actually. Talk about an inconvenience. But still…

This guy I met at the mall called me. And then called again. And then again. And he’s going to email me pretty soon. I’m a little apprehensive about even beginning a friendship with him. His past is a little overwhelming. Nothing I’ve never heard, but at this point I’m not sure if it’s something I can deal with right now.

Well, I guess I'll be going. Love y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, my friend gave me a journal for college. I haven't written in it lately but it's always good to write down things that will be with you forever