Saturday, May 07, 2005

Man, I feel Like a Woman

I feel very feminine and attractive right now. Or, as my mother calls it, "chi-chi". I'm wearing my Homecoming dress (black with sequin/bead and fabric flowers) and my "diamond" jewelry, and I love it! Getting dressed up is wonderful! But it's a whole lot better when you have someplace to go... The Mother/Daughter banquet is tonight at church, and one of our ladies wanted to wear her dress from her cruise, so Mom asked me to really dress up so she wouldn't feel like she over-did it (or at least wasn't the only one). So, here I am! Clean, dressed up, hair done, shoes on (:P), and waiting for the meeting to get here! Fun fun! Ok, new requisite for Prince Charming. At least one "fancy" dinner or function every six months, just so I can wear stuff like this! Hehe. Toodles! Love y'all! Oh, btw, a special thanks to all my faithful readers (Heath, Porkchop, Lil Sis, Chad, Zack, Jim). Really makes my day to get comments! But we're all pretty easily amused in the stix...

5 comments:

Firefly said...

I hope everything goes smoothly at the banquet tonight! Court told me about last years....uhhh, yeah. Well I'm glad you got to get all dolled up!
Love~me

Spatula said...

The banquet went really well. Mom did an awesome job on her devotional, and dinner went smoothly. We got 70-some-odd plates, glasses, bowls, small plates, forks, knives, and spoons hand-washed in about an hour, which is really awesome. I love the feeling of working together! We had lasagna, salad, cake, and iced tea. I was running all over the place and taking care of everything (as usual) and had a pretty good time, but now I'm tired. Oh, props to Porkchop and my "anonymous" visitor for helping out, along with a bunch of the ladies.

Anonymous said...

So were you guys the only ones to "over do-it"? haha

Spatula said...

Not exactly, but I was by far the most dressed-up lady there. All but a few were in cute spring dresses and outfits. Of course, I'm just soo glamorous... *rolls eyes*

Anonymous said...

but ofcourse young lady, why would anyone question that!!!