Sunday, May 22, 2005

College Day and Fun

I took my college day on Thursday! It was so fun! I got my schedule, and I don't have any classes before 9:30 and after 3:50 any day of the week. That's tons of free time to study and hang out and have a real life! Yay!

Monday: 9:30-10:50 – Economics, 11:00-11:50 – English, 12:00-12:50 – Integrated Science
Tuesday: 9:30-10:50 – Business Calculus, 12:30-1:50 – History
Wednesday: 9:30-10:50 – Economics, 11:00-11:50 – English, 12:00-12:50 – Integrated Science
Thursday: 9:30-10:50 – Business Calculus, 12:30-1:50 – History, 2:00-3:50 – Geology Lab
Friday: 11:00-11:50 – English, 12:00-12:50 – Integrated Science

The English is Western Lit; Integrated Science is a mixture of Chemistry, Physics, and Geology; and Business Calculus is mostly the stuff we've already studied in Calculus this year. I'm so excited!

I was never more thankful for a Wal-Mart card than Thursday. I had a half of a tank left and was really worried that I wouldn't have enough $$ to get home after driving back from H-ville. So I had just happened to pick up my card with $25 on it before I left home, and lo and behold, the Wal-Mart there had a pump! And I paid $1.879 per gallon! It was regular $1.909, a steal in itself. I was suddenly extremely glad that I would be attending school there. And Taco Bell is always awesome for lunch. Under $5! My kind of meal! I've always maintained that I would be a really cheap date since I love places like McDonalds and Burger King and enjoy hanging out and doing simple yet fun things. Cards, dominoes, swinging, singing, laughing, talking, people-watching…

Yep, I’m all about having a good time, whether it costs 50 cents or 50 dollars. But can low-maintenance girls really know that they're low maintenance? Or do only high-maintenance girls think they're low maintenance? Any answer to that particular question? Or does anybody know?

But back to my point. I had a blast on my college day, and the next day at Mountasia was awesome, too! We rode the go-karts and bumper boats, played putt-putt, and played UNLIMITED ARCADE GAMES!!! Racing cars, shooting aliens and zombies, air hockey, DDR, Star Wars racing, snowboarding, and the list goes on and on. It was very much worth missing a day of school for that! And now we only have 4 days left! Actually only 3 and ½ days since Thursday is less than half a day. Monday is a full day, Tuesday and Wednesday we get out at 1:15, and Thursday we get out at 10:00. We have practice at that time for graduation, then the actual ceremony at 8:00 on Friday. It's almost over!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

are living in the dorms?

Spatula said...

yeah, applied for them neway. Hopefully will get in the honors dorm.

Anonymous said...

cool, well all i have to say is you won't be going to bed before 2am on average. It's really hard at first to go to bed and get up at a regular time. But I'm sure you're more disiplined then me, so you might be alright.

Spatula said...

I might be ok, but it depends on how busy my days are. If I actually DO something I'll go to bed, but if not I'm up all night. I usually surf the web when I can't sleep, so I'm sure I won't be too bored. At home I'm in bed by midnight if nobody tells me to turn in before then.