Sunday, November 13, 2005

Revelation

Ok, confession. It's honestly bothered me that Drew hasn't kissed me yet... until today. No, still no kiss, but I'm suddenly ok with it. Impossible? Not really. I realized that, instead of pushing myself to want something that I have decided a relationship is required to have, I have to just accept the way things are and let them happen. And I realized that Drew's strength as a man, not kissing me, holding off, has actually kept our relationship strong. I should know by now that kissing a guy does not guarantee success, and, in fact, oftentimes guarantees failure.

I've been saying Drew is my "gift from God." And he really is. I honestly see God's will in my relationship with such an amazing man. But I wasn't ready to let God keep working and taking first place in that relationship that He gave me. I remembered a scripture mentioned in a novel I had read. 1 Corinthians 7:1 says, "Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman." Upon further reading I understood this to mean that this applies until marriage, when the two become one flesh. And it makes sense. And I really needed that revelation in my heart. I was disturbed about the situation, though I didn't admit it to anyone, even myself, until I had a dream about it a few nights ago.

My point is simply that God knows what He's doing. My challenge is now to follow Him. And to truly let Him lead in my life, and let His will be done. Ecc. 3:11 "He has made everything beautiful in HIS time..." Including, and especially my relationship. It's important to me, and so it's important to Him. Awesome, right?! I agree wholeheartedly with Drew in that MY GOD IS AWESOME!!! Woohoo! Toodles!

2 comments:

Buffalokill said...

um...

*blink blink*

I never did kiss Carrie Ann till about a month *After we started dating.

Spatula said...

I know, Chad. I remember. But it's been a month and a half now. It was just... something I wasn't really expecting. The people I grew up around were never shy about things like that. So it kinda threw me for a loop. Good to know you're still stopping by, though. Kinda slow around here lately...