Sunday, November 27, 2005

Break's Over...

Hey everybody! How was y'all's Thanksgiving? Mine was pretty ok. Yeah, just. But Friday was sooo much better! We stopped by and got Drew on the way home from my aunt's house and then went out to Beaumont with Derek and Brandy. Mom was home alone until about 1:30. Hehe. But we went to see Derek's new apartment he'll be sharing with my cousin and a friend and went to CiCi's pizza. Then we went to see Walk the Line. It was REALLY good. The actors did a phenomenal job on their portrayals. I was very impressed.

Saturday we were out to Cathy and Smitty's for Thanksgiving with them. We saw Bob, Jodi, Hunter, Jack, Matthew, and a whole passel of folks out there for the shrimp fry. Mmm mmm. Good stuff. Bob is Mom's best friend from high school. Cathy and Smitty are his parents. So we're practically family. We (me, Drew, and Mom) went on a trek through the woods out to the deer stand with Bob and the boys. Hunter is 7, Jack is 5, and Matt is about 18 months old. Jack was attached to my hand the whole time, so I enjoyed my walk with "my boys". Drew on one side and Jack on the other.

Today was church and then hanging out at home for a little while eating leftovers and getting everything loaded up to head back this way. We left at about 2:30. Kourtney saw me driving through town and called my cell phone. I had to stop and get gas, so I dropped by the flower shop for a few minutes.

Back at the dorm I commenced "Project Christmas Decorations" and proceeded to decorate the lobby with the Christmas tree, mistletoe, garlands, and some other things we found. Stacey helped. So now it's all prettyful!!

I went on my blog rounds and watched Heath talk about hunting wolverines... and couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes. That was interesting. Heath, your accent's not as bad as I thought it would be. But other than that I was pretty accurate in my mental guesstimate. Go figure.

Well, I'm tired and Drew's gonna come watch Chicken Run or somethin with me tonight, so I'm out. Love and hugs! I'll post an "I'm thankful" post later. Remind me. Toodles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah, I should have done it in a British accent, that woulda been good.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pam!
I told you Walk the Line was excellent!!


-darcy.