Friday, November 18, 2005

Days Like These

Have you ever walked down the sidewalk with your eyes closed? I did today walking back to the dorm. The sunlight on my face, the breeze blowing cold on my face, and my all warm in my big green hoodie. Deep breath, slow steps, smile on my face, and hair gently brushing against my cheek...

My errands are taken care of. I got some cash for our final trip to the Renaissance Festival and checked my mail. I got a letter from Mom and a shirt that I won on the internet. Cool, huh? But Mom's letter... I cried. In the post office. :p She just told me that she's proud of me and glad we're more than just mother and daughter, we're friends. What a topper to an absolutely fabulous week!

I have no idea why I've been so happy this week, but the days have just been amazing! I had a wonderful meeting with my English professor on Monday. He said that I don't really act like a theater major in that I am not only vocal in class but apply myself when writing papers as well. So that kicked things off on a good note.

I got a 100 on my History paper (aaaahhhh! I know! I can barely believe it!), bringing my grade back up to a B. I can finish pulling it up with this next test and final paper. But the 100 was based primarily on the main points that I hit in my introduction! Nobody else in the class covered them, so I had, obviously, the highest grade. I was soooo pumped! I was and am in awe! Hehe. Then I heard from my "stalker" and made a friend in the process, so that was interesting. I went to Bible study that night and got a chance to really talk to Drew, which I haven't done in a while.

Wednesday, I performed my monologue and did a lot better than I thought I would. I went to small group Bible study and Drew was there, so he rode home with me and we talked a little more... after I spilled my drink on him. :/ But it's ok. He didn't really mind, and I got most of it cleaned up.

Then yesterday I watched a movie and chilled out. We were going to hang out and watch some movies together, but my boyfriend was kidnapped... by his brother, and he didn't get back until almost 11. Oh well. There will be other evenings. But I got some sleep, another night of rest, 8 hours. Good stuff.

Today, acting class was cancelled, so I slept late, went to English, and then science, ate lunch with a couple of guys from class, and then straightened up my room and went to run my errands. *sigh* I love days like these!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not trying to spill the beans here, but I think it's the drugs...stay away from Codeen...it's addictive. And you prolly got it from some crazy Canadian...those folks is bad news too.