Friday, February 25, 2005

Revival

Ok, last night we went to hear Ryan preach. I always forget how good he is until I hear him again. He talked about the story of Hannah and how she prayed and was heard. We have an awesome audience before the Creator of the universe and the power to make our dreams, desires, and needs known to Him. Wow. Talk about a powerful message. I realized some things about myself and really was touched. I'm going back Saturday night, even though we're having a singing at our church. I told him I'd be there and he'll be looking for me that night, so Dad conceded. I might even get to drive the truck! But suddenly it's so much more than seeing "my friend." It's about revival. Really! It's not something I really expected, I'm ashamed to say. But last night I really prayed that the Lord would light a fire in my soul and make me eager to hear the word and really live for Him. So pray for me. I love the blogosphere! Mom got to go last night, and Dad got home just in time to drive us over. We were about 5 minutes late and sat in the back in extra chairs they brought in for all of the people who showed up. I'll go a little bit early tomorrow so I can sit in a pew. Hopefully toward the front. We're headed to the Ladies' Retreat this afternoon and will be there all this evening and tomorrow morning. That promises to be a blessing. Mom has challenged me to not look at the keyboard when I type (just random fyi). Thanks for letting me know that I'm not shallow Porkchop. And Lil Sis. The Difference is just a pain to write, so I'm dubbing you my adopted little sister. Well, have some surfing to do, so toodles!

1 comment:

Spatula said...

yeah, just wait til you read today's post!