Tuesday, February 22, 2005

My Lovely Alias

In the third grade, my long-time friend dubbed me "Spatula" without presenting a reason other than randomly picking an object of which I reminded her. She moved away in 6th grade and the name was forgotten. Last year, another friend moved back after living elsewhere for a few years. She was walking down the sidewalk, banging her brush on the railing, and had an epiphany. She would call me Spatula. We were on a nickname kick and I still hadn't found a satisfactory one. So it stuck, at least for her. After a while, others picked up on it, and it became a commonplace situation for my closest circle. Thus, Porkchop, being one of my closest friends, knew this, so she set up my blog with the name. I answer to pretty much anything, including Mom and Spatula. No, I've never had a child, and I'm not pregnant, but a freshman friend figured that I was the closest thing to a real mom she had ever had and now appropriately addresses me. Go figure. I am a mothering type. It's become habit for me to make sure that everyone else is taken care of. Pookie, I'll do my best to come visit. Our sb doesn't coincide with ya'll's, so I'd be there in classes and hanging out at the school. Have to ask the 'rents, but I don't see very many obstacles. Especially if I've got all of my scholarship junk sent in already. Well, I'm at school and the younger peeps are taking the TAKS (a standardized test schools are required to give/take), so I've got to go to our auditorium and be bored out of my mind all morning. Yay. Toodles for now!

1 comment:

Firefly said...

Hey spatula, how are you? I get the spatula thing now. I still hope you getta come down for spring Break! taht would be so awesome! ~pookie