Saturday, June 18, 2005

News, Lots and lots of news!

Okay, this is gonna be one heck of a post. First off, scholarship, then Josh, then last night, then today. Are you ready? Are you sure? Ok, let's go.

Scholarship: I've decided that while I was waiting for God to work things out, He did, but I just didn't see it! Duh! Ok, if I would've gotten the scholarship, I would've been limited to a degree in the business field. Now, without the scholarship, I can be anything I want to be! No restrictions, no limitations, no end to the possibilities! I can pursue film, or primary education, or medicine, or chemistry, or ANYTHING I want! It's awesome! My first year is paid, so now all I have to do is explore my options! Easy as pie, sort of, but I'm a little scared. I really don't like to float and leave things undecided, but I'm willing to let God lead, as long as He gives me OBVIOUS answers. Key word. Did you see it? Heh.

Josh: His parents are old family friends and I met him a couple of years ago. His first words to me were, "Great way to break stuff." Nice? Funny, to say the least. He's cute and sweet (which you'll see more of later). He graduated with my cousin and was ranked something like 17 out of 500 or so. So not too dumb, right? Well, he's funny, smart, cute, nice, and wakeboards, which is a doorway in a way since my brother and cousin both do that, but he lives an hour away and will be close to 2 hours away when college starts. So it's a thought. So I reiterate that I'm shallow and very immature since I have about 6 crushes at a time, but anybody can be Prince Charming, right? Lol.

Last night: Uncle Tony, Mom, Derek (my brother), Brandy (his gf), Anthony (my cousin), Lauren (Anthony's gf), Tammy (Uncle Tony's fiancee), and Ashley (Tammy's daughter) went to dinner last night. Uncle Tony paid, despite our protests. Josh showed up right after we ordered, but he had already eaten at Jack-in-the-Box. After supper, we went to Crockett St. to go "clubbin" and I went to my first club ever! And had a great time! I didn't drink and I didn't dance, but I watched all of the people drinking and dancing, and laughed the whole time! I was standing against the wall just watching and Josh walked over to check on me. He said that I didn't look like I was having a good time. And then he offered to make an effort to get Derek and Brandy (who hasn't turned 18 yet, not til Monday) inside so I'd feel more comfortable. I really appreciated his thoughtfulness and willingness to make sure I was happy. I went and stood by him and Anthony and kept watching people, just talking and laughing and making fun of this girl who had toilet paper stuck to her shoe after she came out of the bathroom... No, I'm not kidding. It was classic! TBS funny, lemme tell ya. So we left the strip (Derek, Brandy, and me) at about 11 PM. We got home and took showers. Brandy took hers first, then I got in. When I finally got finished in the bathroom, I walked out and heard voices. Josh's voice. Anthony had come home and Josh decided to spend the night with all of us at Uncle Tony's. They'd left Lauren at Crockett St., but that's a whole 'nother story, which I don't know the entirety of, so you're gonna have to just use some imagination and figure out how she got separated from the group, got lost, and rolled her ankle stepping off a curb badly enough to have to have Anthony leave his house at 2 in the morning and go pick her up off the sidewalk after some kind stranger called him after she fell... Josh ended up going to somebody else's house to a party about 30 minutes after he got there, so I don't know where he ended up sleeping, but he had to work today from 7 to 5, and missed today's events.

Today: Today was the Southeast Texas Wakeboarding competition in Rose City (right beside Beaumont). Derek competed in the amateur division. Anthony was in the intermediate/advanced division. Don't know the results. We left at 5 PM before the awards and live band got started, and before Josh got there, but it was an over-all ok day. I got sunburned, but I'll be aight. Might blister. We'll see. The whole comp ended up getting rained out right after we left, but there was only about half of a division left to run and half of the people were already gone. Dad met us at Uncle Tony's this morning and went out there with us, and he got involved in some strange business. Some guy under the canopy next to us named Bradley (his name was tatted across his back) stole a wakeboard. We all saw him and Dad reported him to the vendors and Don, the guy who owns the lake. So they knew who he was, knew how to contact him, and he'll be punished. They got Dad's name and number in case they needed a testimony or any more help. So that was the excitement of the day, I guess.

Well, I've got that off my chest, so I'll let y'all go! Love and hugs to all! But don't squeeze too tight! I'm a little warm... Heheh.

No comments: