Monday, August 29, 2005

As Promised

Well, news, news, and more news. Heathykins knew this was coming, so I'm so sure he was holding his breath. Lol.

Dad reads my blog. I knew this, but it didn't quite register when I posted. So, big shocker, I IMed him last night to tell him about buying my new computer (which he wasn't too happy about) and he told me this: "I've always told you the truth, so I read your blog. Don't follow your hormones. Follow your heart and let God lead you in any new relationships and whatever you do at school. Focus on classes first." That was actually my paraphrasing, because I can't quote it word for word, but I really almost cried when I read that. I felt so much better!

I talked to him today. Greg, the guy from the previous post. I told him that he could hate me and I would understand, but that I just want to be friends. He said ok and hung up. He called me back a few minutes later and asked me if I was serious about being friends or if it was just a "cop out". I told him that I was serious. So we discussed how we were gonna handle this and talked for a while just like before, and we're cool now. I feel SO much better! Thanks for your advice, guys and gals. So I have a new friend and no relationship. And now I know to be straightforward at the very beginning about where I stand on what I'm looking for in a guy. Right now, that's nothing serious.

So I'm good. Yay! Classes are going great, life is pretty much on track, and, with the exception of our mirror falling off of the door at 4 in the morning, life is just wonderful. I realized last night that I LOVE to draw. I drew a little Chinese village and it was pronounced as "awesome" by our house artist. I drew a dragon that "rocks", also according to the house artist. Jessica is her name, btw. My roommate and I are getting along and my suite-mates and house-mates are so TOTALLY GREAT!!! Anyway, I appreciate thoughts and prayers. Love and hugs!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

woOt! Way to go Pam! You got guts kiddo, keep on truckin!

Anonymous said...

Good job Pam! Its always hard. But you cant force yourself to feel something that is just not there!

Spatula said...

Thanks much Anna!

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing.

Plus you will meet so many more guys in college!!

Keep us informed!

Spatula said...

Will do Carrie.

Buffalokill said...

Sheesh. I'm glad I missed out on the nine oh two one oh, 'round here.

I'll just tell you straight up, pam. You don't need menfolk to be happy in life. All you need is... guns.

Thats right. A sweet variety of all calibers, makes and models.

That is the key to happiness. Never forget these words of wisdom, as they will carry you through your whole life.

I'm pretty sure that this little nugget of wisdom was all from that one post.