Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The weekend!

Ok, this will be a little short and full of little things. Orientation was really cool. The sessions were boring, but I made 4 friends who have since emailed me. Awesomeness. Went to the lake on Friday. Had a blast! After I resigned myself to being hopelessly without a "designated companion". Everyone else my age or older had a significant other and I felt my lack of one on several occasions. But it was fun after I got over that particular struggle. We went wakeboarding, wakeskating, swimming, fishing, and just riding. We cooked out on the pit every day, played late-nite poker and dominoes, and slept all over. Anywhere we could, actually. I had this awesome blow-up mattress under a futon pad that was amazingly comfy. Along with rhythmic snores, thunder and lightening, and rain, we had some pretty good nights of sleep. Lightning struck the biggest pine tree in the back yard at about 5:15 Sunday morning. And the boat sank. That was interesting. We had a really huge storm blow up on us in about 5 minutes, and that was really cool. White capping everywhere, and we were in a cove! But over all, a very successfully fun weekend. And I'm currently content with being single. Each day changes things a little, but I'm still working toward the ultimate goal of trusting in the Lord and His time in everything, including guys and college and life in general. My time's up, so I'm off. Love to everybody!

2 comments:

Spatula said...

Storms are awesome, yes, and going out in them is tons of fun, too. Just water in the boat. The waves were huge and the rain was fast and intense (I would say hard, but that sounds kind of kinky), and the boat just filled right up. My uncle got the boys out of bed to help him bail at like 7 in the mornin. I'll do what I can to get a pic when we go back out there, but I didn't take the camera and it's about 45 minutes away, so we'll see.

Spatula said...

Oh, and Porkchop, thanks for the offer. I've got a constant connection with the Man who can (:p) so I hopefully won't ever get that bummed out. But I might take you up on that. Heath, I meant I didn't take the camera this past weekend, just to clarify. :D