Sunday, July 24, 2005

Just a Thought

What if the reason can't set my mind on anything slid or definite for my future is that something monumental is going to happen to change all of my plans? Like a tragic accident or finding a husband with whom I wouldn't have to work and help maintain the household. Or getting "discovered" before I finish college. Or the Rapture. Or dying. I've always found myself disturbingly morbid, so it's not a new thought. I'm not suicidal. I like myself too much for that. But wouldn't that be a great reason behind my shallow, indecisive thoughts? God doesn't want me to bother with thinking about the future because something amazingly unexpected is going to happen and leave me on a whole new world (Aladdinish, I know). Or not.

Oompa Loompas are cool. So are Sunday afternoon naps, new CDs, family and get-togethers, shrimp gumbo, and late graduation gifts. But missing people isn't. I'm gonna count and see how many times I miss various people throughout my daily life and report back. Aight, toodles y'all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, i had that same problem once. Always worried about future events, and if they would even happen. My advice is just trust in God and know that he will take care of you. it took me lot of heart-ache and pain to learn that one--and i'm still learning it everyday

Spatula said...

I feel that it's somehow wrong to want to know for sure what the future holds. I mean, I know to trust Him and allow Him to lead, but I'm human, and a tad bit control-freakish and anal retentive. But He's working on me. Making some connections, finding guidance in new places. Thanks for the advice guys.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....I'm all abaout waiting expectantly for the end. Like that ZAO song. But like that other song by that other band, we can't wait too much for it, cuz God wants us active in this life. I'm not saying yer doin that, just a forwarning to apathy.

We are having signs show up left and right that the end times are near, but to kick back would be a bad idea becasue we should be pressing on ever harder to lead souls to Christ with even more vigilance than ever.

Keep on keepin on Spat, and the way my is site listed under "heathykins"....almost disturbing hahaha. You don't have to change it though, it's still funny.