Sunday, October 30, 2005

Dragonflies

I love Dragonflies. It seems to be a recent fascination with me. I even got a henna tattoo of a dragonfly yesterday. (It's temporary. Go read the facts and info.) The lady told me dragonflies were "spirit guides". So I did some searching and found a few things.

Dragonfly is the power of light. The dragonfly inhabits two realms: air and water and the influence of both these elements will be felt by Dragonfly people. They will be emotional and passionate during their early years (the influence of water) and more balanced with greater mental clarity and control in as they mature (the influence of air).

I have decided on who I am in relation to my costume. I am either: Freya, Norse Goddess of love, sex, war, attraction, fertility, and beauty, the most beautiful of all northern goddesses who has a thing for cats; Artemis, goddess of the wilderness, the hunt, wild animals, and fertility, accompanied by nymphs; or Terpsichore, the muse of dancing, mother of the Sirens, and player if the lute. I think Freya or Artemis, but I can't make my final decision... Oh well. I like the idea of Freya, but it would make more sense for me to be Artemis. Go figure.

I don't feel good. I'm sick. I'm going to get lots of sleep. I drank some soup and took a long nap just a little while ago. Now I'm off to Christine's for a scene rehearsal for our acting class. When I get back it'll be off to bed again for me. Hopefully I'll be much better by tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Veritas said...

be well soon.

drink tea

tea is good

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.