Friday, October 21, 2005

Create Post

Hmmm... let's see, um... k. It's time for a new post, I suppose. But what to write about... Well, hang on. *digs around in backpack* Look! A post, already written! Let me just type this up...

And here's the news in the world of the Spatula. Heather, my suitemate, is in the hospital. She had a reaction from the lack of insulin. She's diabetic, and she ran out of insulin. And one thing led to another. She got sick the other day and her roommate took her to the hospital. So she's now in the hospital, in a town about 30 minutes away. She's stabilized, but won't return to school for at least two weeks, possibly three. We're not sure if she'll be back at all this semester. We're all going to miss her while she's gone. We sent her a card from all of us at Spivey. So I hope it made her feel better.

I gave blood yesterday! Woohoo! I'm one of those sick people who actually enjoy giving blood. I really do get a kick out of watching my life's source flow out of my body in a hot, red stream into a little bag. I was talking to some girls in the room with me, and I mentioned that giving blood is like an investment. It's something you deposit in the "bank" and can withdraw if you ever need it. I'm O positive, so I can give blood to anybody. Which is very cool. A couple of things were really awesome. One, I could feel the warmth of my blood flowing through the tube into the bag. Two, I felt great! I really didn't feel the effects of blood-loss. The first time I gave I felt it. But not this time. And I got a free super-comfy t-shirt! I left my keys there and got a phone call on my cell from the guy who asked the questions at the beginning. He was pretty cool. All of those wonderfully revealing questions. Haha. I answered "no" to all of them except for the one about being a military dependent and if I felt healthy and well that day. Over all, very cool. I love to give blood. I know, I'm weird, but we've been over this before...

I have decided I don't like our bathroom. Our sink drains too slow, our shower drain backs up and takes a while to drain off, and the handle on the toilet pinched my hand this morning. It hurt, too. So this bathroom is going in the trash and I'm picking up my new one in a little while. Hehe.

Arm hair is the strangest thing... This morning, when I got to my first class, the static electricity from my hoodie made my arm hair stand up, but only on one arm... Go figure. It was kinda funny. So I got back to my room and fixed it with lotion. Easy.

Ok... That's the end of the "discovered" post. Coolness. I guess I'll catch y'all later! Love and hugs!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Well, actually, I did, but I can edit. Mwa hahahahaha! I got a 94 on my English test! Yay! Ok, I'm really done now. Buh-bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.