Monday, September 12, 2005

Interesting Conclusion

Good morning! Here's the deal. I am extremely blessed in my friends. Allow me to explain. Last night my roommate came in at about midnight. I was up doing some reading for English (almost finished, just a few chapters left). I had propped the door open to our room because 1) it was cold and that helps warm things up, and 2) I hate the idea that our room is closed off. I had been downstairs off and on all day, but propped the door open later in the evening, after football practice. No biggie, right? That's what I thought, too. As it turns out, she's had this absolutely terrible weekend. The door propped open is the icing on the cake. So she gets mad and slams the door/let's the door swing closed on it's own weight (which slams).

I didn't think anything of it sitting downstairs in the lobby talking to people. Suddenly, Josh and JP come down and ask me if everything's alright with Jessalyn. I tell them I don't know, and they explain that she slammed the door acting all mad. So I go upstairs and smooth things out. That's not really a big deal after she reveals that she's not mad at me, just doesn't want the door left open (which probably should've been communicated earlier, but whatever). So I tell her I won't leave it open anymore when I'm not in the room (a better idea anyway, as it is college) and she proceeds to tell me about her very bad weekend. And yes, it's very much worth stressing over, so I don't begrudge her that.

In the midst of her story, we hear a knock on the door. We call "open" and JP sticks his head inside and asks if he can see me in the hall for a second. I go, of course, and he asks me what's wrong, and Josh comes up as well. They both make sure that she's ok, and everything's cool now. And that I'm ok. Which really made me feel great. Their concern really boosted my spirits.

Later that night, I was finishing up my reading down in the lobby and David comes up to me and asks the same thing. I reassure him that everything's fine. Just the fact that they told him what was happening made me feel so much better about living here. I love my dorm!

I finally finished my reading and went to bed. So yay! An interesting way to end the day, I'm sure.

Now I'm off to class. I need to eat breakfast and finish getting ready. I just wanted to share that while it was fresh on my mind. I'll give some rough character sketches soon of the people I interact with just so everyone can have an idea of what life in the honors dorm is like. Love and hugs!

No comments: