Thursday, September 22, 2005

Hurrican Rita

A few really quick things. One, I think the rising gas prices are a conspiracy to reduce the obesity level in our nation. More people will walk places because gas is too expensive to drive everywhere. Hehe.

Two, yes, Rita is coming our way. Home is directly in the projected path. So pray. I wish I would've stayed at college, but Mom and Dad made me come home despite my protests. So we're hunkering down, preparing for impact. This is scary. All north-bound lanes are jam-packed. Bumper to bumper for miles upon miles. There's a highway right off of our road and the cars are backed up as far as the eye can see. They aren't allowing people to travel east or west very far. They've even turned all south-bound lanes north in upper Houston. We have a massive oak tree in our back yard that probably won't make it. Our cows are locked up on top of the hill to escape flooding. We're all worried and on edge. Needless to say, all of Southeast Texas needs lots of prayer. This is going to be bad. She's the third largest hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic Basin. And there've only been about 9 hurricanes ever named with an R. And she has something called the stadium effect. That means there are ten-mile-high thunderstorms on all sides. Lots of noise. I'm almost excited. Heh… With the predicted path we're no longer just getting tropical storm winds. We're getting real hurricane stuff. And we're on the bad side. SO here goes nothing. But some silver lining. I get extra time to study for my tests that were supposed to be today and tomorrow. And Heath says they may even deploy him to Texas. Haha. Can't you just see him parachuting down into Texas to "save us all"? Thank you for the laugh Heath. I wish. I'll try my best to report in by the end of next week. Don't worry if you don't hear from me. Someone will make sure y'all know if something happens. Thank you all for being such amazing friends. I hope to hear from y’all again soon. Love and hugs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam,
I am new to blogging and still feeling my way around. I found your site from the Medic's blog. I live in a small town north of Fort Worth and we are expecting some bad weather this weekend too, though not as severe as where you are. We have been watching the news and hearing stories about the traffic on I-45. I just wanted to say good luck and our prayers are with you and everyone south of DFW.
BLS

Anonymous said...

Pam,
You all are in our prayers. Stay safe ! I hope your family will please leave the area if you are anywhere near Port Arthur or where the storm's center is! May God's grace and mercy protect you all!.

Anonymous said...

Praying for God's hand to hold you all through the storm. Hope to hear from you soon.

Buffalokill said...

Paaaaam!!!! I hope you can swim!!! j/k

We'll be praying for the saftey of you and your kin.

Don't be shy... admitting that yer wearing floaties on yer arms right now is okay :)

Anonymous said...

we'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I agree. When gas prices go up, it's easy to think of other alternatives like walking. Anyway, I hope you are well despite the hurricane.