Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm Just Sayin'.

"Pretty people marry pretty people. Ugly people marry ugly people. It's a rule." And so I became immortalized via twitter updates. Raleigh thought this was pretty funny and decided to quote me. But think about it. It's true! If you have no clue as to why, you fail on the CSI fan scale. If you know why, you've seen too much CSI for your own good and should stop thinking about committing "the perfect crime."

Essentially, it all boils down to the fact that people find themselves the most attractive ideal in their minds. Therefore, people marry people who look like them. Hence, if you're ugly, you marry someone else who is ugly. If you're pretty, you marry someone else who is pretty. Or you marry for money. Having money makes everyone pretty.

You can see evidence of this in those little old people who look alike. When they were younger and first got together, they were subconsciously attracted to each other because there are similarities in their features. As they aged, these similarities started to be more pronounced, so they look alike. An acquaintance once asked if I looked like my mom or my dad, and I said both. Now, this makes sense to me because I'm a combination of the two of them: I have Dad's eye shape, nose, and lip shape, but I have Mom's complexion, hair color, and influence on my eye color. However, some might argue that Mom and Dad look similar. I don't necessarily know about that, but I suppose it's possible.

These were my random thoughts this morning as I was getting ready for school. Today's my last day at Cracker Barrel, and I have five days left at the high school where I'm student teaching. I'm going to miss these kids.

There's a mouse in the theater. I'm trying to think of a name for him. Mother likes Maisy, my kids like Puck, and I've gotten votes for Seymour, Mr. Bojangles, Macbeth, and Despereaux. He's a cute little mouse. I think I'm leaning toward Puck, personally.

I suppose I should get back to work. Love and hugs!

No comments: