Wednesday, May 10, 2006

So, ok...

That is how I usually begin my conversations with my suitemate. "So, ok..." followed by either a random comment or something that happened over the course of the day or a question. We just have a connection. Occasionally she'll have something in her mouth and say something and I'll understand her. I used to be able to do that with my brother, though I don't know if I can anymore. I know her comments and have stolen more than a few. And she's stolen some of mine, too. I'm going to miss her.

My roommate stayed up last night packing her stuff. Amazingly, I went to sleep around 2 this morning with a radio and the light on. That never happens. Ever. I woke up at 7 and got ready to take a final that I'm fairly confident about. Now I have one last final (my final final... hehe) at 2 this afternoon. I have to perform 2 monologues. I have one mostly memorized, but I still have to work on the other one. I should be finished way before class starts, so it's all gravy.

I'm going to miss school. The freedom. My friends. The stuff I get to see and do every day. The food variety. But home isn't so bad. I have friends there, too, and hopefully a job, and no roommate, and a wonderfully big, soft bed, and the safety and security of home. It will hopefully be a peaceful summer.

It's rather sad, all of this packing and moving. And I'm not just talking about the sad state my car is in, filled to the brim with my belongings. The whole leaving process is sad. And my bare walls, empty shelves and closets and drawers, and the huge bags of trash leaving our room regularly. My computer in the corner with no speakers... I'm seriously going to miss 24-hour internet access and unlimited computer time. Like whoa.

My task for the summer is to go through my school stuff and take out everything that I didn't use. I'm going to go through my things in my room and throw loooots of stuff away, too, so I'll have a clean and organized room and about half of the bulk to bring back with me. Sounds like a plan, right? Now to actually do it. Well, I have the summer! And maybe it'll be a vacation... I feel like I actually need a vacation from things at this point. I've never really needed it before. I guess whoever designed the school-year was pretty smart. :p Ok, back to memorizing. Love ya! Mwah!

No comments: