Monday, March 11, 2013

2011

Well well well. It certainly has been a long time. No, I'm not dead. In fact, I am quite alive and doing well. I am working back at Cracker Barrel, waiting tables for the time being. I am looking for a new teaching job since I left the school I was at, and I'm living with my aunt in the Houston area. I love the area, but miss my parents. I didn't really have any friends to speak of outside of work, so I don't miss being back home, per se, but I miss my other aunt and our late nights watching tv. Work is work, and money is money, so things are moving right along.

I've diagnosed myself with mild depression on account of being under employed. I'm restless and having trouble focusing and concentrating, which isn't like me at all, so I'm thinking that a new job should level me back out. At least I hope so. There are no negative thoughts or depressing tendencies, but it's just the little differences. That has to be what's wrong.

I have a wonderful boyfriend, by the way. Not the same one as last year, but a new one. His name is Tim. He's four years older than me and has a three-month old baby girl whom I absolutely adore. He's kind and caring and incredibly sweet, he takes care of me and likes having me around because I make him feel good about life. He's a restaurant manager and has a strange schedule, but I'm hoping we get to take vacation together next month for some fun and relaxation. The rodeo's in town then, so we should get to see some great concerts if all goes well. I don't know if I can say how I feel about him, but I care deeply for him and see my life with him for a long time to come, whatever changes that may entail. We'll see. Maybe this is the beginning of my fairy tale.

But first I have to find a real job. Ugh.

No comments: